Diehards

Tuesday, 3 May 2011

How Long Now?


My Life Without Me

I haven't abandoned blogging, promise, I miss it. So I've resurfaced to say I will be back soon. Teaching two workshops and writing a book, as well as the usual husbandry duties (why is it called husbandry when it's nine out of ten times the wife who does it?), meant I had to drop either sleep or the blog. I thought I was more likely to recover to blog again if I kept up the sleep.

I have, sort of, been keeping up with you by reading some of your posts on my kindle in bed, last thing. But I can't leave comments that way. And in the morning it's back to it. Anyway the conference I mentioned in my last post was so inspiring I've managed twenty seven thousand words of my book since attending, so things aren't all bad. I should say that reading Stephen King's On Writing contributed too: he deals with some really practical details that helped me properly envision the production process. He, together with the speakers in Glasgow, lifted the final veil, I can't thank them enough. My wrists are killing me though. I'm hoping the first draft will be done by the end of this month, and both workshops come to an end then too. So I'll get a short break from the grind, and be back in full blogging swing. See you soon.

Meanwhile you can find me on short attention span sites like Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.

P.S. In July I'll have a guest blogger, how exciting is that?

P.P.S. Thank you for all the cheery comments on my last post. Pat: do apologise about the odd tiny print, it would not let me make it normal sized, I have no idea why!

22 comments:

savannah said...

seems many of us are in the same boat regarding blogging, sugarpie! xoxoxox

Elisabeth said...

It's good to know you're still around and about to re-surface, Eryl. It's also good to hear that you've been productive and learned so much. I wish I could say the same for me.

Kim Ayres said...

Several of my usual reads are struggling to find time to blog at the moment - and I know my own blogging rate has decreased recently too.

Mind you, the lovely weather tempts us away from the computer...

Pat said...

I found Stephen King helpful too and enjoyed his book.
My blogging has become more just chatting to friends which I find enriching and relaxing but I must get my act together and start sending out again, (my book). Over the last six months it all seemed a bit irrelevant and now the pressure is off, lethargy looms.

The Pollinatrix said...

Yup, I'm another one in the same boat. We'll all get back here eventually, I'm sure.

Incidentally, I am making a bit of progress on your collage, but with my schedule the way it is, that's been sort of on a back burner too.

Alesa Warcan said...

Gambatte, gambatte! : j

nick said...

Serious writing is much more important than blogging. So just carry on regardless! I'm intrigued by the guest blogger though....

Scarlet Blue said...

Yay for Pinterest!!! My attention span is zilch at the moment... and I got a little too caught up in the wedding fever!
Sx

Pat said...

I'm intrigued by how you can read blogs on a kindle. Nobody told me that!

63mago said...

Eh?

angryparsnip said...

Anytime you can find the time to post is just perfect for me.
I knew you were busy so I just figured when you came up for air we would hear from you.

cheers, parsnip

Maria said...

wow i so love your blog!there so much in it and im really learning.

Carole said...

Glad you are doing well. And it is terribly exciting that you've done so much on your book. Kudos.

Philip said...

I love that I see the words "my book" in there. As I told you some time ago, I'm waiting and waiting. Come back and blog more when you can. In the meantime Tweet more!
I will buy your book. It's a promise.
Hope you're well.
P.

mark said...

You are a beautiful person. I like your writing too. Best to you. Glad your life is better. You have talent.

Belgie said...

I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. What they did in the studio from, say, Rubber Soul through Sgt.

rochambeau said...

I believe in your writing Eryl.
I look forward to buying your book.
Sleep is more important!! You have your priorities set straight.

Enjoy the process and Happy Mother's Day!

xox
Constance

red-handed said...

What? A writer being productive? How dare you ruin it for the rest of us! O well, I'm glad it's good for you.

The World According To Me said...

I've read On Writing too. Stephen King is one talented inspirational writer. What's your book about?

notmassproduced said...

I know exactly how u feel. thanks for stopping by my blog with the crochet tutorial :o) and glad it led me here to ur fabulous world.

pilgrimchick said...

Wow--I hope it all is going well. It all sounds wonderful.

63mago said...

It's not any longer "How long now" - it's "Wie lange denn noch?" / "How long for?"
*stupid grin*