Diehards

Sunday, 30 January 2011

Swapsies

I love the whole sharing thing about blogging. We share ideas, values, passions, ideals, stories, poems, interests and more. Mostly (but not always, thank you Parsnip) this sharing is cognitive. Though it can translate to the material, for example when someone shares a recipe. But now here, via Titus, is an actual physical bloggy share-fest. I had to join in because she is making things out of boiled wool and I couldn't resist a thing made out of boiled wool. So:

I promise to send something I make myself to the first 5 people who leave a comment on this post and who, in turn, promise to make the same offer on their blog. The rules are that you need to make the items personally and send them to your 5 folks within 2011.

Got that?

With this in mind I have begun crocheting things out of scraps of old wool and thus far have:


Kit and Hool.



Hool detail.



A Kit close up.

I thought I'd also offer a cake or cookies to anyone who lives close enough for them not to be spoiled by mailing. So, if you fancy a critter crocheted by my own arthritic hands, or a sweet treat baked by them (I promise to ensure they're spotlessly clean!) join in and pledge to make five things yourself.

10 comments:

Titus said...

Me! Me! Me! I know it's kind of completing a circle, but they're wonderful and I couldn't resist.

Mollie said...

I'll do it. I want in. I edge someone else out!

The Pollinatrix said...

Ooh, I love this! My response is a resounding YES - and I even got here in time!

debra said...

I did this in my FB account. Hopefully I will remember :-)
What a wonderful idea.

angryparsnip said...

Me Too ! am I in Time ? ? ? ?

I have been thinking what to do and I figured it out so when I post this on my blog I will feel more in control !

I wish I lived closer so you could bake me something... but I like the squishy things too !
If am one of five...

cheers, parsnip

SY said...

NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I missed it.. tears...

Eryl said...

Titus ~ might this be meme incest?!

Mollie ~ cool!

Polli ~ I will crochet you something green.

Debra ~ it's a great idea, isn't it?

Parsnip ~ yipee!

Sy ~ keep an eye out for those you missed out to posting their promises, they are all very talented.

Scarlet Blue said...

I missed too!
POO!! I want an owl!!!
Sx

alphawoman said...

Bummer! Can't you make it the top 10?

Eryl said...

Scarlet and Alpha ~ come back after and I'll see what I can do.