Diehards

Sunday, 3 May 2009

Saucy


With characteristic irony Scarlet has lauded me with the Sexy Blogger Award. In return I must list five things about me that are sexy. So here are five sexual terms that fit my life like a wet t-shirt:

Blow: today it is both sunny and windy, perfect conditions for laundering: my linen will barely need to be ironed when it is brought in later this afternoon. Thus saving my energy for other, less arduous activities.

Grind: every morning I indulge in one of my favourite activities and make myself a cup of coffee from the best whole beans. All the senses are given a boost: smell that fresh aroma, hear the machine powder those beans, see the clear, dark liquid turn creamy as it's added to hot milk, taste the intensely flavoursome elixir, feel the hot frothiness in the mouth.

Spoon: not a day goes by without spooning in this kitchen: from saucepan to serving dish, from serving dish to plate, I consider myself a multi-spooner. Once the last meal has been served my spoons are laid together snugly in their bed.

Bone: I’m always on the lookout for a good bone, every kitchen bitch knows this is the only way to make stock. I am lucky enough to have a pot that can take the largest of bones and bring them to the boil safely.

Head: if one is going to serve meals that are both delicious and nutritious, that take into consideration the tastes and requirements of the whole family, without going quite mad, it is imperative that one uses one’s head at all times. The mind must be kept fresh in order to create a multitude of tongue tingling, energising, recipes that constantly surprise and delight.

I must now pass this award on and I can't think of anyone in the blogshpere that is sexier than Savanna.

12 comments:

PI said...

Excellently done. Bravo!

Scarlet-Blue said...

Bones and grinding eh?!
Sx

Eryl Shields said...

Thanks Pat, I must admit to being rather discombobulated by the requirements of this award.

Scarlet ~ I do hope my son doesn't read this post!

Mary Witzl said...

Hahahahaha -- I LOVED this! I do all that stuff myself and never once gave it a thought. So refreshing to know that all this time I've been sexy and I just didn't know it!

Does the sexiness have to be current and ongoing or can it be retroactive? If the latter, I too might be up for this honor.

Eryl Shields said...

Don't you think that the sexiest people are the ones who don't know they are being sexy, Mary? I didn't realise myself until I looked in a dictionary of sexual terminology and thought, 'goodness, I do that, and that, and that!'

I think you are definitely up for this honour, along with all hardworking women.

Jimmy Bastard said...

I've already taken a note of your sexy writing style. I noted with enthusiasm the keen Scottish patter.

debra said...

Well done, Eryl. Thanks for making me smile (and chuckle, too :-)

Eryl Shields said...

Jimmy ~ my writing style is sexy too? I seem to be turning into a femme fatal.

Debra ~ thanks Debra. I have another award to deal with now, but it couldn't be more different.

Kim Ayres said...

I still want to photograph you in a film noir way.

Eryl Shields said...

Do you mean looking murderous or just miserable?

savannah said...

you honor me, sugar! but, ah swear, darlin, there is no way i can be sexier than YOU! ;) xoxox

Eryl Shields said...

I don't believe that for a moment, lady, xxxxx