Diehards

Tuesday, 14 April 2009

Thank you

everyone for you kind birthday wishes, I had a lovely day but am now back in the thick of hideous research. You know that thing where you write one small paragraph, know you have just the thing somewhere to add the desired authoritative weight to it, but...?

The thing has to be handed in on the 23rd after which I will celebrate by visiting all your blogs, glass of wine in hand. Until then I'm doomed to sift through the same papers over and over, hunched like a fossilized toad over my desk.

I didn't have time to bake myself a cake but Stevie bought me one. Here you can see me stuffing myself with it:

10 comments:

PI said...

Maybe Google can help? I'm 'away' for a bit too. See you later.

Kim Ayres said...

Should have asked Rogan. Mind you we were on the other side of the country, so I guess not...

The Dotterel said...

Cake is always a good source of inspiration. Imho...

debra said...

Cake. As in, "Let them eat....."
Glad you had a good day. See you later :-)

Scarlet-Blue said...

Good luck, I hope it all goes well... and happy cake eating.
Sx

Jane Dearie said...

I'm sure you'll come up with something really great for your placement research Eryl ....and the big written piece. I remember the masses of paper and information I gleaned strewn about and then trying to get it to fit with the placement to show theory did or didn't work in practice. Good luck with it Eryl - you'll be fine.
"A's" of love to you, Jane xxx

HoodChick said...

Mmmm, cake. Happy birthday, April babies are the best!

Mary Witzl said...

I hope you manage to get your work finished soon, Eryl! I know well how it feels to have something hanging over your head like this. The feeling of euphoria you feel when you're finally done will make it seem worth it, I promise you.

savannah said...

xoxoxo!

we'll be here waiting for y'all, sugar!

Kanani said...

Oh, I love a good storebought cake! All of our cakes when we were young were made, and so today having one made by a baker is (to me) luxury!

I'm going back to writing. My job did not pan out. So it's been a quiet week of readjusting to being at home, and not running all over the place!