Diehards

Tuesday, 7 April 2009

Back Soon

You know what it's like trying to do something new and difficult, it takes up all of you. Well it does me. I'm glad breathing is a natural reflex and I don't have to remember to do it. Anyway, it will soon be done and I will be able to get back to normal.

Meanwhile it's my birthday tomorrow and so today I'm trying to tidy the house so I don't have to begin my new year in a shit-hole, cooking tomorrow's supper so tomorrow's birthday self doesn't have to think about it, and will at some point bake a cake as a gift to that self. I know Friday's self will be distressed at my taking the time off from the 'thing that is new and difficult' but I can't think of everyone.

If anyone out there has time to give themself a break here is something that will reward. My last day of being this young gift to you:


16 comments:

PI said...

Eryl I empathise. Have a lovely birthday and don't try to do too much. See you soon.xoxox

Scarlet-Blue said...

Happy Birthday - have a good one!
Sx

debra said...

This is for you, Eryl:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHTN0sSXDEQ

Now I will watch the Tedtalk :-)

savannah said...

happy early birthday, sugarpie! xoxo

savannah said...

come over for a quick laugh when you can, honey! ;) xox

The Dotterel said...

Happy Birthday for tomorrow!

Eryl Shields said...

Pat ~ thanks hon, I know you know exactly how I feel right now, x

Scarlet ~ thank you, I will, x

Savannah ~ thanks for the card poppet, I will come over right now! x

Dot ~ thank you!

Conan Drumm said...

A very happy birthday to you Eryl, and all good things for the year ahead.

Eryl Shields said...

Thank you Conan, I'll smoke a cigar for Conanism later.

debra said...

Happy birthday, Eryl. I hope someone else baked you a cake!
Mine is next week. I always have to make my own day special, too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHTN0sSXDEQ

Jane Dearie said...

Eryl, typical eh - I read your latest post the day after and on a day when I've seen you. Happy belated birthday!
You'll be fine for your project report. I know you, the 'A' kid! Slabs of cake and love to you, Jane xxx

Mary Witzl said...

Happy Birthday, Eryl -- I had no idea we shared a birthday!

Leigh Russell said...

Happy Birthday, Eryl. Good to hear some cheerful news. I'm feeling rather low today as amazon.uk have a glitch on their system. They insist my book's displayed on their website, but it isn't. It's available through amazon.com and other amazon sites around the world, as far away as New Zealand. It can be preordered online from many other uk sites - Waterstones, Borders, WH Smiths, etc - but as far as amazon.uk are concerned, Cut Short doesn't exist!

The World According To Me said...

Happy Birthday! Happy Baking! Hope you have a lovely time and you can have your cake and eat it too!

Kim Ayres said...

Sorry I missed your birthday - hope you had a great one, Eryl :)

Leigh Russell said...

Happy Birthday, Eryl, and thank you so much for your support. I really appreciate it. An invitation to my virtual book signing will be on its way to you before June (if I can work out how to work my scanner...)
Take care, blog buddy, and we'll keep in touch.