Diehards

Tuesday, 7 October 2008

To Do

Do you ever feel you've bitten off more than you can chew? At the moment I have to:

1) Prepare the answers for questions I will be asked later today for a promotional DVD for the campus.

2) Ready myself to engage with a visiting writer, also today.

3) Write the blurb, plot outline, and first chapter of a novel.

4) Write a radio play for which I inadvertently wrote a blurb

5) Write a narrative poem

6) Check out Ghazals and try writing some

7) Work up four short stories

8) Write a prose poem a day

9) Write two more blurbs and plot outlines for novels.

10) Organise a series of classes to combine philosophy and creative writing in two primary schools in order to teach them next semester.

11) Prepare my next lesson for Wednesday.

12) Read, read, read.

13) Cook supper and deal with the debris of eating and general living, for three adults, every day.

All this and I also have my Nietzsche book to finish. Will I manage to hold on to my sanity this year?

15 comments:

Conan Drumm said...

1. split no. 13 three ways...
2. do the most urgent thing first...
3. put off 2 while you blog and read a few blogs....


But you've probably gone down that road already!

Kim Ayres said...

Conan's right - you've loads of time to do some blogging first!

The World According To Me said...

Sanity is over rated anyway! Although you do seem rather busy. One thing at a time, I always tell myself, after I've blogged skipped and jumped.

Carole said...

I was suspect of your sanity when I found out you liked Nietzsche. Now there was someone with too much time on his hands.

Eryl Shields said...

Conan ~ quite.

Kim ~ Conan's always right, except in regard to knitted clothing.

World ~ sadly, I've had to give up skipping and jumping, it's my old knees.

Carole ~ they do say opposites attract.

debra said...

Really, we have only one thing to do. Then when we're done with that one, there is one more thing. And when we've completed that one, just one more. It helps keep me somewhat sane.

Eryl Shields said...

Debra ~ you're right, I just like to throw the odd tantrum. I've already ticked three things off the list, just ten, or so, more to go. One at a time...

problemchildbride said...

Much tea, much cocoa. They will cause you to go to the loo a lot and it's in mid-piddle that a lot of the best ideas come.

Good luck getting it done!

Eryl Shields said...

Hello, darling Sam. I'll give your theory a go, nothing to lose after all.

savannah said...

in answer to your question, sugar...yes, you will sleep again...eventually ;)
xoxox

PI said...

Knees not withstanding surely you can still crack walnuts with your left foot at the same time?
I think honey you have to learn to say no:)

Jane Dearie said...

Don't under estimate your will power or your ability. You can perform miracles and you do ...it's part of your course!
Enjoy working with tiddlywinks ....but that does need a fair amount of prep time, as I found out for myself! Good luck Eryl, but you won't need it as you'll mange fine with ticks on the list soon appearing! Jane x

Eryl Shields said...

Savannah ~ you have a sixth sense, xxx

Pat ~ I know it, I do.

Jane ~ you're so kind. The kiddie thing is Tom's idea, but I'm now thinking of doing one school, the local one for preference, but two age groups. That could make an interesting report, I think, about absorption and the like.

I've done a fair bit of ticking now, hurrah, but I still have a way to go and, you know how it is, lists grow.

Kanani said...

Just three of these would be enough to make me feel plowed under!
The writing --especially under deadline is always a challenge!

Mary Witzl said...

Wow, Eryl, that tops my list -- and my list is pretty damn daunting! I'll have to go lie down after reading that...

Did you get it all done? Are you still in one piece?