Diehards

Wednesday, 2 January 2008

Postcards from Bloggerville

Just a quickie to say Happy New Year to all and to share with you an exciting new blogging discovery. The Individual Voice has several blogs but so far I've only had time to check out this
one, and it's marvellous. She posts, on this particular site, the writing of other bloggers she enjoys. It's a fantastically eclectic mix but is all centred on mapping. Mapping, not just countries but minds, bodies, ideas. It's brilliant. I spent a wonderful hour or so reading some of the posts last night and will certainly go back to read the rest as soon as I am able. It's not just words either, there are some fascinating pictures. It's a kind of ever expanding anthology of blogs.

And now I'm on there too. She came by my site and liked my post 'Illuminating with Black' so
asked if she could include it on Postcards. Of course I said yes right away. It's just so flattering!

Now I must get back to work in earnest. If you don't hear from me for a while it's because I am
locked in the process of editing my own work. The most agonising part of writing, but ultimately
most rewarding. Next Monday I hope to emerge full of the cheer born of relief.

7 comments:

PI said...

Go to then!
I'm off to Individual whatsit

TIV: the individual voice said...

Thank you so much for this! So flattering!

Sam, Problemchildbride said...

Thanks for directing us to that blog Eryl. It's fascinating. I could spend all day there.

Good luck with the editing!

Mary Witzl said...

I too love maps and used to have a huge collection. I've been over to The Individual Voice's site, and you are right. The more arcane and unusual the maps, the better, and there are a lot of great ones on her site.

Eryl Shields said...

Pat ~ I'm drowning in commas!

TIV ~ You're welcome.

Sam ~ I know it's great isn't it.

Mary ~ Me too, I love maps and got a great 1950s one of French Algiers for Christmas which is now on the wall above my desk.

Kanani said...

GO girl GO!

CresceNet said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.