Diehards

Thursday, 16 August 2007

What the F***

For the past hour at least I have been trying to change my profile photo, I think you techie types call it the atavar. My last photo came courtesy of flikr but this time I couldn't seem to upload the new one onto flikr at all. So I moved to photobucket but there were 'illegal' characters in the url whatever that means. I have now resorted to trying blogger help's suggestion of posting the photo here and then doing something I have already forgotten, but will look up again.



F***ing displacement activities: if I wasn't trying to avoid writing an essay on Walter Benjamin's concept of technology I'd be relaxing with a glass of wine and a novel.

Anyway, let's see if I can get this f***ing photo sorted. Ghad zooks

Update: NO! it didn't work, more illegal characters and I can't for the life of me see what crimes they might have committed, no wonder our prisons are full.

All this because I've had my hair cut and now it's 8.30 and I haven't done a stroke of work yet. F.......

8 comments:

Carole said...

Your hair is great. You look a bit peeved. I love your background stuff. Is this your writing room? I had to actually have my daughter-in-law post a picture for me so I could use it. At least you tried. Sorry for your troubles.

Eryl Shields said...

I do look peeved, it must be because I was thinking hurry up!!!!!!! And, I am getting so stressed about this essay and exam ,I feel I know nothing.

Yes it is my writing room and it is totally full of stuff. I keep thinking I must clear some of it out make it more serene but, actually, I keep adding more.

Kim Ayres said...

I've sent you an email, hopefully explaining how to use your photo as an avatar. Hope it's clear enough

Eryl Shields said...

Kim ~ Hurrah for you! How did you do that though?

Of course, I now realise I hate that photo, I look like a grumpy old man.

Mary Witzl said...

Actually, Eryl, I like that picture of you! True, you may not look serene, but you look like a character -- and one with attitude. In fact you look so much like two dear, old (as in I knew them some time ago, not chronologically) friends of mine fused together in one person that it is eerie. I'll try to find some pictures of theirs to show you so that you can see what I mean.

Eryl Shields said...

Thanks Mary I've always wanted to look like a character, so much more interesting than 'pretty' which is what I usually get described as. And pretty doesn't really work when you're pushing 50, it sounds rather sad.

Everyone always thought my mother a character with attitude and I found this rather embarrassing when I was a teenager. Once I'd grown up it was the thing I love most about her.

Mary Witzl said...

People said that about my mother too, Eryl, and yes, as a teenager it's the last thing you want your mother to be. But it is what I best remember about my mother too, and what I most love about her.

And pretty is great when you are pushing 50, so don't knock it!

SafeTinspector said...

Did you ever sort this out?